Now have got eight colonies on the go - shared with friend E.
1 x topbar
- looking good - new swarm in June.
1 x commercial from swarm last year
- swarmed while I was away in India - but were very confusing
- has unhinged queen cell but no eggs, so suspect a virgin queen awaiting mating.
1 x commercial from swarm while I was away
- they just moved into an broodbox full of empty frames
- awaiting a move to out apiary because they are right outside my back door
- blighters stung me just because I was sawing close by
1 x WBC in garden, last year's queen
- 10 frames of brood
- looks set to do well this year
2 x WBC at out apiary
- one has new queen
- patchy brood
- not sure if the queen is a good 'un
- one was queenless until E put a queen cell in from beesoc (came from a very gentle hive, so I hope it works)
1 x polyhive
- new queen in last month
- doing well
1 x national
- swarm taken on a duvet cover (see previous post)
- now in local town awaiting return to Pickwick Towers.
But a lot of money spent on kit to get this far and not a lot of return.